Sunday, February 10, 2008
Shuttle Atlantis Launch Fun
Here is the video of the day, and I actually made this one. We took a trip up to Space View Park to watch the shuttle Atlantis launch a few days ago. It was cool, but we arrived three hours early. I took loads of "random people pictures" which will find their way onto this blog one day. Burger King was where we parked, just a block away from all the action, which took place all the way on the other side of the river. That's why the picture shakes a bit, since zoom was at max and I didn't want to bother with a tripod. Atlantis brought up a European science lab that they've wanted on the International Space Station since 1992, but couldn't get there until now because of delays and such. So, enjoy and I'll post again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
have you read Mike's valentines day entry yet? Ah, rockets... coincidental that you two would mention them the same day... or is it? I smell a conspiracy.
Look at the dates Sarah, not the same day. Brad's is the 10th, mine is the 15th. I was putting in a shameless plug for the Bradley foundation. Because I enjoy reading about a warmer world... global warming never sounds that bad to me.
agreed. people freak out about it, but hey I'm always up for a better warmer world. Have they ever been to Canada? Nobody would talk about global warming if they lived there :P too cold!
btw, I've never been good at reading dates or being regular about checking blogs ;)
Brad it's time for a new post. It's actually long overdue, but it's time for me to notify you that it's time... which naturally means it's about a week overdue, but I wouldn't warn when it was time, because you might be posting it and so I'd just look foolish saying it's time for a new post... (insert shifty eyes) And if you haven't watched the national geographic production on global warming you should. If the earth raises 6 degrees in temperature, we're toast. Awesome, eh?
Brad... um... I keep checking your blog for a new post, and every day I'm disappointed. How am I supposed to keep myself entertained at work if you're not posting to your blog?
Is it appropriate to have a blog funeral? Did you know the longest recorded dive of a blue whale was 36 minutes long? those guys can hold their breath. Did you know I've been checking this blog everyday for two months? Blue whales on got nothin' on me.
Brad! You died! I know you're having so much more fun down there in Sunny Beautiful WARM AWESOME Florida beaches that you forget about your loyal readers here in cold frigid Mountainous Utah... what are you doing these days???
Post a Comment