Here's a shot of the fire that happened outside my apartment window. The building shown houses a long row of storage units, one of which is being rented by my sister. I guess the story behind this is that some kids were playing around with matches/smoking/setting off fireworks, etc and the bushes and trees back there were in flames minutes later. No damage to the storage units, though the guy who reported the fire to the apartment manager did get one month of free rent for his "watchfulness." The trees back in there are charred around the trunks, but mostly bushes burned. The fire department was on it quickly. Speaking of fireworks, I'm actually wondering what the fireworks regulations for this state are. I know that back in Utah they're pretty much only sold six weeks a year. That number was calculated by multiplying the two weeks before the allowed fireworks holidays and multiplying that by the actual number of fireworks holidays (ie 2 [weeks] x 3 [New Years, 4th and 24th of July]). They have actual stores here, which only sell fireworks, making me wonder if they somehow sell more throughout the year because there are more "fireworks allowed times" in the calendar year for the sunshine state. Otherwise, I wonder how they can afford to keep their stores open all year just to sell for a few short weeks. Then again, maybe those bum kids who started that fire back behind the storage units keep them in business. Nobody will ever know...except that guy who saw it all go down from his third floor balcony. Unfortunately, I was not that man. Though I may envy his free month of rent, I would gladly keep our "pool facing" balcony any day over his "pyro kids behind storage unit" view. Oh, and before any of you ask: No, I have not purchased any fireworks here, nor have I lit any. I do not smoke, and I only play with matches when I absolutely must. I'll post some other images with the next couple entries, since I don't want to put a bunch of pictures on this one passage. Take care everyone.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I Didn't Start the Fire
Here's a shot of the fire that happened outside my apartment window. The building shown houses a long row of storage units, one of which is being rented by my sister. I guess the story behind this is that some kids were playing around with matches/smoking/setting off fireworks, etc and the bushes and trees back there were in flames minutes later. No damage to the storage units, though the guy who reported the fire to the apartment manager did get one month of free rent for his "watchfulness." The trees back in there are charred around the trunks, but mostly bushes burned. The fire department was on it quickly. Speaking of fireworks, I'm actually wondering what the fireworks regulations for this state are. I know that back in Utah they're pretty much only sold six weeks a year. That number was calculated by multiplying the two weeks before the allowed fireworks holidays and multiplying that by the actual number of fireworks holidays (ie 2 [weeks] x 3 [New Years, 4th and 24th of July]). They have actual stores here, which only sell fireworks, making me wonder if they somehow sell more throughout the year because there are more "fireworks allowed times" in the calendar year for the sunshine state. Otherwise, I wonder how they can afford to keep their stores open all year just to sell for a few short weeks. Then again, maybe those bum kids who started that fire back behind the storage units keep them in business. Nobody will ever know...except that guy who saw it all go down from his third floor balcony. Unfortunately, I was not that man. Though I may envy his free month of rent, I would gladly keep our "pool facing" balcony any day over his "pyro kids behind storage unit" view. Oh, and before any of you ask: No, I have not purchased any fireworks here, nor have I lit any. I do not smoke, and I only play with matches when I absolutely must. I'll post some other images with the next couple entries, since I don't want to put a bunch of pictures on this one passage. Take care everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't buy the cover story. We know you did it, and I'm going to prove it. You can't hide behind those luscious legs and killer curves forever.
Kids with matches...riiight. Roswell UFO cover-up tried the same crap. I know what's going on there! Kennedy SPACE CENTER, need I say more?!?
Post a Comment