Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ron Jon Surf Shop



If there are any of you wondering why I have a picture of a fire engine on this blog entry entitled "Ron Jon Surf Shop," please see previous post. So this store is awesome. Although I am quite skeptical about specialty shops, as they tend to carry massively overpriced merchandise, I must say this was a pleasant surprise. Ron Jon's is located out on Cocoa Beach...well, not on the beach itself, but well within barefoot walking distance. This place is packed with tourists, all looking for beach stuff. Everything from body boards to flippers to nose plugs, and all that while still maintaining near or even sometimes BELOW Wal*Mart prices. My wish list now includes a body board, new board shorts, and a rash-resistant shirt. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing one would need a rash-resistant shirt due to the "SlipNSlide" reason (I know you all know what I'm talking about...who would have thought the effects of this "harmless" childs' water toy are best compared to taking a cheese grater to one's skin...) This veteran of the "outlawed yard water sports" wars will not be anyones fool today. Body boarding looks fun, and the water is really starting to warm up. The weather has now been upgraded to my "hot" category, so hopefully the waves don't warm too much. I worry about sharks, but maybe they worry about me too. Word gets around...and there's a new boss in town.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Brad, you have to quit killing sharks! I know you're new in town and trying to get your rep up, but you mess with the wrong crew of sharks and you'll get ass chewed off.

Michael said...

So... "it's been a while, since I could hold my head up high."

Adam said...

I've been to that Ron Jon's! Problem was, I was poorer than I am now, and everything more than $5 was out of my price-range. I could see you getting into body boarding though. I liked it when I did it in Cali, but after watching the most recent "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel, I can't even fly over an ocean without anxiety.

Emmy Z. said...

Brad, Brad, Brad.... What happened? I need more posts to keep me entertained during the morning hours at work. ;)