Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Atlantic Ocean


Okay. I hope you can see that tiny crab in the picture. It's dead, or at least we thought it was floating around "dead-esque" We took a trip out to the causeway on the way to Kennedy, and I saw some people fishing and had to check it out. They packed up and took off seconds after our arrival. Suspicious? Maybe. So I walked along the pier a ways, saw Mr. Crab hanging out as well as six or seven creepy looking fish that had been caught and left on the ground with nobody around. After I walked by, my sister made it known that one of them was still alive, in her typical "half-freaked-out" method used when referring to the creepy/disgusting things in the world. So, I was about to touch it to throw it back in, but thought it might not be such a good idea seeing that I didn't even know what kind of fish it was or why the people left it there to die, instead of throwing it back. This being the case, I still grabbed an empty coke can a few feet away and pushed the fish off the cement and back into the water. Fish quickly swam away, which I think is a good sign. The rest were already jerky, so I didn't bother. Good news: That fish lives on (to the best of my knowledge.) Bad news: I may have returned a dangerous fish back into the ocean ecosystem. It did have fairly big teeth... Oh well. I guess I would want to be thrown back on shore if I were left in the ocean to die...even if I could pose a potential hazard here. If you're still reading this, consider yourself my favorite blog fan of the day. Congratulations! That's about it.

1 comment:

Michael said...

yeah, I'm your biggest fan. I just barely noticed you had these earlier posts... sorry I'm a slacker.