
Hey folks. Sorry for the long break in posting. The last days have been spent unpacking and enjoying time out on the beach. Yesterday, we went to the Canaveral National Shore, where air temperatures were around 78F and water around 65F. Still a bit chilly, but definately not bad. Oh, the picture. Yes, that is a Mole Crab, also known unofficially as a "Sand Flea" because some guy thought it looked like a giant flea that lived in the sand and the name stuck. I think this one is dead. Oh well. It's the primary food source for the Florida Pompano (a fish) which is supposed to be really good eating. I've already started scoping out fishing supply stores in the area, and have found Wal*Mart on Merritt Island to have the best selection by far (sorry Mike.) All the goods to get me out there for a nice day of catching that Pompano will set me back a good hundred US Dollars or so. Not too bad, since I can use that same stuff to catch all the other fish out there as well. Some highlights yesterday were the shark that I didn't see and the sting ray that I also didn't see. According to my sister, the fisherman next to us on the beach pulled out a two foot shark while I was in the waves looking for sea shells with my niece. She also claimed to see a "ray-like fish" in one of the breaking waves. Actually, I'm glad that I didn't see these things. Otherwise, it was a nice day at the beach.
4 comments:
Thank you for posting... it gave me something to do when I couldn't fall asleep again at 4 AM. I hate being me. Anyways, to the important things, Bradley don't support the evil empire. Walmart is the devil and produces bad children world-wide. You know that Walmart is an entity of pure evil and must be reckoned with not haggled with. Eliminating Walmart is the first step of my plan to take over the world, not because it helps my plan at all... it's more like killing the competition. I will do battle with Satan... he's the slow guy on register 6, I point out register six, because if I just say the slow guy it could still be any of them. ON a more serious note, Brad, Adam and I chat every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 10 AM your time. Get on. Join the fun... madness, whatever you want to call it.
I have to admit - I went to Wal-Mart myself this week. I hate going in that store, and this experience was no treat either. Buying a toilet plunger for $8 because the cheapo $2 ones are gone is such a rip-off.
Have fun watching the fish and walking on the beach. I'll enjoy my freezing existence in smoky, inverted Salt Lake, where the snow doesn't stop long enough for me to get my car washed.
Oh yeah, gotta love the fishin'. There are several peers just south of you I believe, they extend out over the ocean about 300 feet. You pay about $3.00 to use the peer, but it must be worth it because there are always people on it.
P.S. Don't catch sea turtles. People seem to be very defensive about them. Lynching is a definite possibility. If you accidentally do catch one, they'll help you release it, and then lynch you. No worries!
WalMart is corporate evil. However, I've been severly tempted to go with WalMart and boycott Target lately... who is now #2 corporate evil. I'm so jealous about the beach! I just spent all weekend hacking up my lungs and overcoming a fever and being flat out in bed, only to wake up and on the way to school realize that even though it's sunny here, it's STILL BELOW 10 DEGREES. (At least. maybe 20.) I have no lungs left. They froze.
Post a Comment